Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Song

Sometimes I forget to blog because I'm busy, sometimes because I'm lazy, and sometimes I just find myself without words to say. I have had a song in my head for literally weeks. A group from Portsmouth Ohio was here and they played it LOUD on the way out to see the kids (Jonatan, Rosie, and Dayana). I've heard it before but it never struck as much at is did there. The song is "Where I Belong" and the chorus goes "All I know is I'm not home yet, this is now where I belong, take this world and give me Jesus, this is not where I belong." It says a lot and can mean a whole lot in not so many words. I took so much from it that morning as I saw these three little faces that were my life for over a year. I know things might never be the same with them, I might never get to spend the afternoon helping Jonatan with homework while we laugh and talk. Those memories were life for awhile and I never fully appreciated them while I had them. However as I sat and spent time with him that day I was able to really sit and realize that this isn't the end, we all aren't home yet, and we have so much ahead of us. We will both keep walking our paths in life and they will come together again whether or not it is the same as it was before. I love that kid more than I could put to words and that was the reason it took so long to put it into words. Somedays you just don't have words and you just wait until you realize thats okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment